Friday, October 12, 2012

32.

Yep, that time of year again. My calendar is full of dinners, lunches, and diminished ability to get out of bed in the morning (due in part to the lack of light in the morning and also in part to the extra wine I've been consuming.)

IT IS BIRTHDAY SEASON! WOOOOO!

Of course, as a woman, I shouldn't probably tell you my age. But, as the lovely Aaliyah once sang, "Age ain't nothing but a number." (Although, I think that was in reference to her odd marriage to R.Kelly when she was fifteen.) I'm 32 and proud of it.

Every year past 27 has gotten better for me. No lie. I've come into my own as to who I am, what I like to do (for real, not what other people like for me to do). I have an amazing life with a great husband (despite his confusion at the whole ordering flowers to the office thing) and strong family support. I have friends that have stuck by me for the worst and been with me at my best. I've become a runner. I lost that annoying 10 pounds from too much restaurant food. I have traveled a ton (and have two trips on the books for 2013).

Today, there are no first world problems, just birthday cake.

Happy birthday to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment