Thursday, July 7, 2011

Mini-girl vacation time!

Wait. That title is entirely misleading. I don't mean I'm going with miniature girls. No, no, no. The vacation part is mini.

UGH. FINE. GIRL MINI-VACATION.

Tonight, I'm leaving on a jet plane to visit two of my very best friends with another of my very best friends and guess what? We are meeting two other of our very best friends at the airport. I am so excited.

I'm not sure if it's that I'm rather ambivalent about my job lately, but I certainly know that I am in need of a few days of purely girlish entertainment. Not the kind creepy dudes go for. No. The kind where we get our nails done. We'll shop. Probably drink fancy cocktails. DEFINITELY drink champagne. Giggle.

Truthfully, we could do this in our lovely home city, Chicago. Well, not quite because one of the gals in our group is now a New Yawka. This weekend New York City (and its respective burroughs) is ours, sans distractions. No husbands. No pets (accept for our lovely host-pup, Tillis).

Just girls, champagne, cocktails, shopping, and manicures.

Catch you on the flip side.

2 comments: