Saturday, September 25, 2010

Wacky dreams

I tend to have very odd dreams. For example, last night I dreamed that I broke one of my teeth. That's not too weird, right? Well, turns out, my tooth was broken, and P.I.C. was trying to help my find a place to put it. Only we weren't in our home. We were in someone else's home. He tried to get me to put it on this big fancy plate. I yelled at him, "I cannot put my chunk of tooth on a big fancy plate. I need tupperware. Find me tupperware." At this point, he started yelling back, "The tupperware is all in use. All of it." Then he proceeded to dump the contents of several tupperware containers to show me that they were in use. Furthermore, wherever we were was in the same building as my dentist, so I was trying to just walk up to the dentist's office, which I was told was not allowed. Only that building was not where my dentist really is.

 I woke up in a panic, thinking I was going to have to make an appointment with my dentist. Good news, though. All teeth remain intact!

Honestly, I usually remember my dreams, they are almost always really bizarre like the above scenario, and about half the time I can relate the subject to things going on in my life. For example, the other night, I had a panicky dream about my upcoming friend's bachelorette party that I am hosting in my house. It was 8:30 p.m., the food was just arriving (when it was supposed to have arrived at 5:00 p.m.), none of the important guests were there which meant that there was nothing in my fridge besides juice boxes. Um. OK. I don't drink juice. And if there is anything in boxed form in my fridge, it's wine. Just kidding. I don't really drink Franzia. I'm too classy for that. (Alright, so I might on occasion, but I'm not about to brag about it. And I am not nearly as classy as I pretend to be. I promise you that.) But the serious issue was: There was NO WINE at the party. What a disaster! Did I mention that this tragic party was occurring in some other place, not my home?

Of course, I had to wake up and immediately check my fridge.

Whew. My beer was still there. OUR beer, I mean.
A bachelorette party without wine or beer? That sounds like a recipe for disaster. Truly. And I would be embarrassed to have played a role in that party. Good thing it was all a dream, right?


Is it wrong to admit that I wrote this posting for the sole reason to show off my serious stash of New Glarus beer? I think a hipster might seriously CUT me for this beer. Or try to cut me. Cuz face it, hipsters aren't quite that fierce.

2 comments:

  1. A hipster could never actually get to you, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was OktoberFest at the New Glarus brewery this weekend....just sayin'....

    ReplyDelete