Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Everyone's talking about their snow days. I WILL TOO!

Only because everyone ELSE is talking about their most awesome snow day today (and NO ONE is mentioning that the groundhog DID NOT see his shadow...early spring!), I feel compelled to do the same. Oh yeah. I will be posting my photos too.

P.I.C. and I had a lovely couple over for dinner last night which turned into a "let's drink lots of wine and be silly" party due to the fact that we slowly and surely found out that we were NOT required to work the following day. Apparently, I was not considered an "essential" employee. If that means I get a snow day, FINE BY ME! We braved the thundersnow (it DOES exist) and the blowing winds with shrimp risotto, sauvignon blanc, then another bottle of red. Why not, right? P.I.C. actually had to go into the office. Apparently, his boss did not find it necessary to let people know that the office was closed before the official start time. Poor P.I.C. This was him, embarking on his work day out our front door:



He worked for a bit (he really is a diligent worker) then came home. We then ventured out to watch the Liverpool match at the local soccer bar. Honestly, I really just wanted to get out and play in the snow. It was GLORIOUS and white and clean-looking and beautiful. I am relatively certain that I will be cursing that same snow in the very near future, but let's stay on my positive streak.

We ventured out onto our very clearly non-traversed street:


And paused for a glamor shot to show that I, too, was present in the Snowpocolypse 2011, or whatever cute nickname has been officially decided for this crazy blizzard we've experienced:



It was the soccer bar where P.I.C. wholly offending me by absolutely refusing to share his chicken sandwich with me when I discovered that my chili was rife with the one thing on this earth I detest (OLIVES...BLECH).  Apparently, because I knew that the buffalo chicken sandwich was his "ush" (he actually said that), I really should know that he was not up for sharing. I have yet to determine his punishment for proving that he failed that vital lesson in kindergarten.

My evening was spent making homemade chicken soup (necessary) and watching my new obsession, Modern Family. (Every single person that suggested I take up this show was absolutely correct: I LOVE it.) All in all, it was a rather fabulous and lazy day. I'm pretty satisfied as to how it worked out.

Now I feel a little greedy. When I called that 1-888 number to find out if our office would be closed again tomorrow and it said that Thursday, February 3, 2011, all offices state-wide would be OPEN, I had a Stephanie Tanner "HOW RUDE" moment. I know. I should  (and really, I AM) be grateful that I got a snow day. But I WANT MORE.

(I also have the sneaking suspicion that the reason that the groundhog did not see his shadow was because he could not get out of his little hole...he was snowed in. But that's neither here nor there, I suppose.)

No comments:

Post a Comment