Monday, February 14, 2011

A Valentine to all of my friends.

I do not despise Valentine's Day, however I am not one to put a ton of pressure on celebrating (or not celebrating) the day. I have a sweetie, we will have dinner at home and some champagne tonight after work, and it'll be lovely. I have no doubts. I will tell him, like I tell him every single day, that I love him and am grateful that he is in my life.

However, rather than go on and on about how wonderful my significant other is, I'd like to take this as my opportunity to profess my love to my friends. Therefore, I declare this my Valentine to all of you*...you know who you are. May my words reflect the appropriate amount of glitter and cut out hearts that I just didn't have the time or energy to assemble this year.

My friends are a random assortment from various parts of my life. Whether it be those in my life whom I have known since we were itty-bitty (and we used to ride our bikes to cheerleading practice!) or those that I have met most recently, my friends are tops. Truly. I feel confident that my friends are tops. The bee's knees, if you will. Whether it be a long-winded phone call or a long chain of hilarious text messages, even though friend that I do not see often enough are hugely a part of my life. The ones that are local ply me with wine, giggles and plenty of photo opportunities that enable me to look back on our times and smile.

So to you, my friends whether you be my oldest or my newest, please know this: I love you. My world is better with you in it. You are part of my family.



Happy Valentine's Day.

*I know, this is an unprecedented display of verbal emotion. However, there are some days you are just overwhelmed with the love. Today is one of them. If you don't like it, suck it.**

**P.I.C. once told me "You sure tell people to 'suck it' at lot in your blog." Guess what my response was?

4 comments:

  1. "suck it" really is the best retort for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. And I love Suck it. It slips out more often than it should, but oh well. hah

    ReplyDelete