Thursday, March 8, 2012

Hofrauhaus.

One thing that is fun about German? You can just put all the words together and make a "SUPER" word. (Only they would say ZUPERRR. That's just how they pronounce this. Funwithgermanpronunciation.)

As you may have deduced from my braggy post yesterday, I took a quick jaunt over to Munich for five days to visit my dear friend. Yes, I'm quite the world traveler, I know. I am also aware that I made a lot of statements about how good it was to be home and not traveling for awhile. Please ignore anything that I say like that. If the opportunity presents itself for me to travel, odds are good I'm readjusting my grocery budget to nothing but ramen to make it happen. FACT.

In any event, we made certain to hit up on of my previously favorite spots in Munich, Hofbrauhaus. It's not the biggest beer hall, nor is it the oldest, but this is the very place in 2003 where my traveling companions and I picked up a stag party and ended up at some underground German club 'til...I really can't remember. It was light when we got home.

Here is a good comparison of how one might tell that I have grown up.

Hofbrau 2003: "Oooh, unruly British boys, let's go talk to them!"
Hofbrau 2012: "Ewww, drunken people almost puking, let's not sit there."

Hofbrau 2003: "I BET I CAN DRINK THREE LITERS BEFORE WE LEAVE."
Hofbrau 2012: "Oh, thank goodness, they have the small beers. WHAT? You only sell the big beers after 6 p.m.? I guess we will split one."

Hofbrau 2003: "OMG. THE BRITISH BOYS ARE JUMPING IN THE FOUNTAIN. THEY ARE SO CUTE AND FUN AND OMG, THE IRISH ONE LIKES ME!!!! EEEE!"
Hofbrau 2012: "Oh, hello there, British gents. You're married and you have a long-term girlfriend? How pleasant, you're not creepy in the least."

Hofbrau 2003: "WOOOO! LET'S GO CLUBBING!!!!"
Hofbrau 2012: "Well, we've had two small beers and a pretzel, I suppose we should see about dinner."

Sigh. I guess I tend to be a bit more lame these days, but I'm okay with it. My 2012 visit didn't produce the epic night that my 2003 visit did, but I will tell you what, there is something to be said about wakingupwithoutahangover.

No comments:

Post a Comment