Friday, May 28, 2010

Happy Friday!

The sun is shining, it is supposed to be a beautiful day, scratch that, a beautiful weekend, in Chicago. Did I mention that we are on the verge of a three-day weekend? 'Tis a lovely Friday indeed.

Oh, did I forget to mention that I got assigned another case with a co-counsel who on this lovely Friday is leaving for Hawaii? Yes, so I must watch his mail for anything that comes in relation to this case. If there is a request for discovery, I must get on it immediately. Additionally, if the results of that other case we handled together comes in, I need to be prepared to respond immediately while he is gone. Terrific.

Oh! Another coworker that shares several cases with me will be leaving for Spain for two weeks. This means I get to make sure our responses are on file for all of our shared cases, handle all of our court appearances on our shared cases, and handle all court appearances on her cases. Did I mention I have to check her mail for the next two weeks as well?

Sigh.

I fully admit that I am jealous beyond belief at those individuals who may get to take a vacation, especially exotic vacations right now. I have not been on a real, longer than a weekend, vacation in over five years. I'm tired. I want to sip on drinks out of pineapples and practice MY espanol too! (Womp, womp, womp. That's for you, Ms. Sass.)

And now is the part where I talk to myself: "Suck it up, FA. You go to New York in THREE WEEKS for three days of fun with some more of the best people you know. Furthermore, you and P.I.C. are planning a fabulous Central American vacation for the later half of the year. You know, when your vacation time has accrued more than three days. Quit being a baby."

Pep talks to myself in the third person are very helpful, don't you think?

At least it is a three-day weekend, and I get to share it with some of my favorite people in the world. And the weather will be gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment