Monday, May 2, 2011

So much to say, so little to write.

I had dinner with my husband tonight. MY HUSBAND. I know. You're used to me calling him P.I.C. But now he is, without a doubt, my husband.

Our wedding day was, without a doubt, the best day of my life so far. I married my best friend. I committed to the person who will be there for me through thick and thin. But right now, I don't want to write about it for all to read. There are so many beautiful emotions coursing through my body right now, and that have been going since Friday. There are so many beautiful memories that just aren't quite cemented in my brain. The entire wedding day seems like a dream, from the beautiful morning to the goodnight kiss delivered in our hotel room. But I want to keep it to myself right now.

I have become used to delivering all sorts of details of my life on the Internet. Most are funny (to me at least), some are sentimental, but I put a lot of it out there. However, a day as personal as April 30, 2011, my royal wedding, if you will, needs to remain locked in my heart a bit. I am not entirely sure why, but I know it's deeply personal to me. I don't want to share it.

At dinner tonight, I heard the song to which I walked down the aisle, and I wept. Tears ran down my face as I faced my husband in the candlelight, over our tasting plate of Spanish cheese and meats. He smiled at me, and I knew. At that very moment, I decided I would write something for him. Something exceedingly verbose to encapsulate our very special day. I would write for him, and him alone.

Stay tuned. There are funny and wonderful stories I shall share. But for now, there are certain things that I intend to keep between myself and my husband.

I hope you understand.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations from the bottom of my heart. I still pause when I hear our first dance song, close my eyes, and remember that feeling of pure BLISS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the same after mine. And when I first ever said "my husband" i got choked up. Congratulations and savor those memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! This is such a sweet post, and it's only understandable that you keep it between him and you. Can you believe you made it this far?
    Ava

    ReplyDelete