Friday, June 11, 2010

Yay for Chicago!

I have made it quite apparent that I don't get hockey. It's really not my fault. I didn't grow up with it, so I never learned the rules. Makes sense, right? Well, of course, hockey has taken Chicago by storm thanks to the Blackhawks. Yep. 2010 Stanley Cup Champs.

Honestly, I got swept up in the excitement in the past month or so. Chicago being good at a sport is something new to me. Us Chicagoans are used to our sports teams, for lack of a better term, shitting the bed. We all tend to have a pessimistic attitude. It's quite sad.

I was lamenting this to one of my friends today telling her, "God, I just wanted them to win so people would stop bitching. Chicago is a town of whiners and complainers."

Shortly thereafter, I realized that I was whining and complaining about our city doing the same.

I guess I fit in just fine here.

GO BLACKHAWKS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment