Thursday, June 16, 2011

In love.

I got some sad news today. I'm not sure why it takes a really sad occurrence to make one take stock of the good things in his or her life. Obviously, that is what is going on with me at the moment. After gaping at my computer this morning, mouth open, tears not quite forming in my eyes, I began to feel grateful and very happy about my very fortunate life.

These days, I am in love. With life. With my husband. With the sunshine that dares peek out from behind the clouds. With my family. With my friends. With my cat. With my entire life. (That one was worth repeating.)

I love the smell of coffee first thing in the morning. I adore the way Oxford jumps on the bed for a snuggle when he hears us waking up in the morning. The alarm sound of a new email from my equally goofy coworkers makes each day at work infinitely better. An email from a far-away friend reminds me of all the love in my life. The photos being sent to me every day by all of the friends and family who shared in our wedding day make the memories of that day more pronounced and wonderful.

I am grateful to be here. I am happy to be healthy. Today, I am not going to worry about the things I want to change. Nope. Today I'm going to embrace my life and be happy with the hand I've been dealt.

6 comments:

  1. I think we all need to take time to remember this from day to day. And wedding pictures make everything wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing. hold on to that feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear you got such sad news. But it's nice to see someone bask in the goodness that is also in their life. Here's hoping this feeling sticks around without more bad news prompting it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does take bad news to sometimes realize what you have. Or leaving it for a while. I'm happy you're happy (aside from the bad news).

    Photo/drink date SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry about the bad news, but this was a sweet post. :)

    ReplyDelete