Wednesday, November 3, 2010

What would YOU do?

Yesterday I spent my day trolling the various precincts in a ward on the near west side of Chicago. Election duty is fun, and it is truly a great way to be a part of the democratic process. It is great to see fellow citizens in my community out and exercising their civic duty by voting. However, I don't want to talk about politics. I want to pose a hypothetical scenario and get some feedback.

Say you are walking back to the passenger side of a car. You look down and spy a $20 bill, folded and resting in the gutter on top of some dirty leaves. No one is nearby. You certainly didn't notice it when you had gotten out of the car, but there it was, just laying there.

Do you:
(a) Leave it on the ground?
(b) Pick it up and walk up and down the sidewalk asking anyone you pass, "Excuse me, did you drop $20?"
(c) Pick it up and keep it, using it for a bottle of wine post-election duty?


Look at me, just laying here on the ground. No owner. No one to spend me. Won't you pick me up and take me to someplace real nice?

Hypothetically speaking, of course.

2 comments:

  1. You can't be serious. It's yours, dear. Spend away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, buy wine and a pizza or a nice bottle of vodka. Whatever, it's not like you STOLE it.

    ReplyDelete