Wednesday, July 14, 2010

It's a matter of life and death.

Do you ever have those things in life about which you refuse to think, mainly because they make your head hurt? Of course you do. We all do.

Mine include:

1. The internet. I just don't get how it works. I use it obsessively and I love it, but I don't get it. (And please don't explain it to me. Sometimes when I say I don't understand something, I don't really want to understand it. I don't really want to know how it works. Thanks.)

2. Death.

The second one is definitely a deeper unknown and one that has been causing P.I.C. some concern lately. I am not sure if it is the fact he has a birthday looming, or just that he is really that introspective, but it is just one of those things about which I am perfectly content not knowing.

Well. In light of his concerns, P.I.C. began to do some research. About death. On the internet. My head just imploded typing that William Shatner-esque train of thought.) We had a conversation about this research shortly after the fact.

P.I.C.: "You know how I've been concerned about what happens when you die lately?"
F.A.: "Yes."
P.I.C. "Well, I have been doing some research and learned something quite fascinating."
F.A. "Oh really? What's that?"
P.I.C. "There are two creatures that do not die. Ever."
F.A. "And those are...?"
P.I.C. "A jelly fish and a hydra. Both sea creatures."
F.A. "What is the source of this information? Wikipedia?"

Silence.

P.I.C. "Yeah. I found this out on wikipedia."

So. I have solved the death conundrum. Ladies and gentleman, P.I.C. and I will not be moving into an apartment together. Rather, we have decided to don SCUBA gear and relocate to the ocean. We will then live forever.

Stay tuned for our new forwarding address.

(Now you see why I do not ponder these things. It creates some seriously hairbrained schemes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment