Friday, July 23, 2010

Learning to do things on the internet

While I am a bit old for the millenial generation, I do have a blog. (Duh.) I am also learning how to play around on twitter which has been good times for me lately. However, because I'm not hip to all the functions of this social networking, much of the time when someone references an internet thing, I have to google it. Seriously.

The other day, I was writing a yelp review and posted it. I themed it to a Rick Astley song, because who doesn't love that, right? Well. Turns out, there's a thing with respect to Rick Astley and the internet. It's called "Rick Rolling" someone. For those of you who haven't heard, here's a handy how-to guide on how to rick roll someone:

http://tinyurl.com/y8ufsnp

Get it?

Oh, wait. You didn't WANT to be rick rolled. You wanted to learn how to do it. My bad. Here you go:

http://tinyurl.com/6xdhcy

Sound stupid? Perhaps. But it's undeniably fun. In fact, I attempted to rick roll P.I.C. this afternoon.

His response?

"I'm refusing to open this, in case I'm being rick rolled."

Well. That's no fun, now is it? I feel like the little girl who cried wolf. No one will open my tinyurl links anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment