Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Birthday...the final countdown.

"Do do do dooo...do do do do do....do do do doooo...it’s the final countdown..."

Oh hey guys. It’s just me, your favorite most fabulous awkward person in your life. Just remind you that today means it is ONE WEEK until I turn thirty. Sadly, I have not thought of more helpful hints to pass onto you all. Maybe some regrets...

I wish that I had watched Arrested Development earlier in life. Perhaps my meager viewing might have saved it from its early demise. As evidence from the introduction to this piece, you can see how much I have come to love that show. I just do.

Honestly, I try not to dwell on regrets, other than the one i just mentioned. Live and learn. That could be another “thing I have learned in my twenties.” Of course, I have made mistakes. Some of those I regret, and some were too fun to regret. Fortunate for YOU, those mistakes and other things make up this person I am today. Pretty kick ass, right?

On other news, as I attempted to pawn off some depositions on the new girl because opposing counsel set THREE for my birthday, my boss was not impressed. Even when I told him it was my TWENTY-FIRST birthday that day and I was ohsoexcited because I finally would be able to attend happy hours with my coworkers! He didn’t believe me, but then I began to describe the “Doogie Howser” theory also worked for lawyers. Not sure if it was youthful face or the sincerity which which I told my tale, he seemed to believe me. Just kidding. He didn’t.

So, you might be asking, what did I learn today that I might write down on my late-80s model IBM?

“Seven days until my thirtieth birthday today. I have learned that T.J. Maxx is still an excellent spot to shop for shoes.”

The finalllll countdown...

1 comment:

  1. 30s are the new 20s.

    I had a dep on my birthday last year. It blew. But at least I could play the "I'm a super dedicated" worker card.

    Happy EARLY birthday.

    ReplyDelete