Friday, October 8, 2010

Happy Friday from the Fabulously (and SASSILY) Awkward

Believe it or not, I genuinely mean that today. This isn't a "I'm going to punch the next person who says, 'TGIF!' day". Nope. It's a happy day. Today I learned that my very own laziness can benefit me.

For starters, I am having an awesome hair day. This never happens. Then again, I never do my hair for work. Why? I just don't really care that much. It's long, blond and straight. Therefore it air dries just fine. In fact, in the winter when I am forced to use a blow dryer, I get completely whiny. True story. I am, to put it mildly, supremely lazy when it comes to my hair. I do not get my hair cut into fancy fashion (despite my obvious fancy personality) because I know I will not put the effort into making it look nice. It's just not me.



So. Why did I choose today to do my hair? On a Friday, no less? (Clearly, I have trouble getting out of bed on Fridays, let alone washing and DOING my hair.) Well, today was the day I had to make a visit to the DMV to get my new drivers license. Not being one to want a crap-tastic photo for four years, I put a little effort into my appearance this morning. Too bad I can't get the energy to do that every morning because I did walk to the bus this morning humming, "I feel pretty...oh so pretty..."

When it came time to choose the DMV at which I would renew my license, it was either the allegedly super fast express DMV or the one located in my building. Guess which one I chose? Oh yeah. Rather than walk a few blocks out of my way, I went to the one in my building. I really am that lazy. Lucky for me, the DMV treated me nicely today. I was in and out in ten minutes. Star treatment for the girl who did her hair, right?

The guy taking my photograph was especially hilarious. Imagine that skit from SNL where they do the "Da Bears" thing. You know, the bigger guys with the Chicago accents where they eat sausage and have regular heart attacks? This guy had to be one of them, Bears jersey and all. When I sat down for my close-up, he told me, "Look glamorous!" Lucky for him, I always look glamorous, hair done or not. (This statement may or may not be false.)

One minute later, when my license had been printed, he looked at it, went to hand it to me, then looked at it again. "Sassy!" he said. The man, who likely still busts out the Grabowski Shuffle in honor of Ditka to get ready for game day, totally made my day. To me, it just looked like a reasonable photograph that I wouldn't be embarrassed to use. To him, it showed a sass-tastic girl. And come one, we all know that I'm no parts reasonable and all parts sassy.

Sometimes laziness pays off, kids! Had I gone to the express DMV, I might not have gotten the model treatment. BUT FOR my laziness, in fact, if you want to be all legal with the causation of my good day.

Happy Friday everyone...may your weekend not be reasonable and ENTIRELY sassy. Oh wait. That was the wish for my weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment