Sunday, March 6, 2011

Going to the gym is futile if someone is just gonna call you "chub chub"

This weekend was pretty great, in total. I got to celebrate a wonderful friend's birthday (high five to ME for keeping the mommies out til CLOSING TIME. Then again, I've always been a bit of a party girl...ha!), do our cake tasting (um, mojito* cupcakes anyone) and then babysit for some rather energetic, but highly hilarious kids. I also got to the gym TWICE and spent the better part of Sunday on the couch. I'd say that's a pretty awesome weekend in anyone's book.

Well, unless you count the time the three year-old I was babysitting "shot" me with his "gun" made out of tinker toys, yelling "CHUB CHUB." His five year-old sister promptly told me, "That means you're fat."

Sigh. Good thing I went to the gym twice. Bill Cosby was right: Kids DO say the darnedest things.

* Also, how is MOJITO not a real word, spell check? Haven't you ever imbibed in the limey, sugary, deliciousness that is a Cuban rum drink? YOU ARE MISSING OUT!

2 comments:

  1. Aw, don't take it to heart. Even the sweet 3 yr olds are kinda buttholes sometimes (like Bubba!), and they just try to get a reaction out of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like a mojito cupcake right now.

    ReplyDelete