Thursday, August 5, 2010

Lollapalooza Vacation 2010

I know. Two postings in one day. Y'all can barely stand it. In a good way, of course.

Well, as of 5:00 p.m. today, I have decided I am on a Lollapalooza 2010 vacation. Yep, I will be attending Lollapalooza for the very first time. Perhaps you know this, but I am not a "music person." I love music. I mean, I was in a band, for crying out loud. (Ugh. OK. So I played the flute in the sucky band in high school. The Concert Band was the second tier band. That was all me.) But seriously, I am constantly chastised for my collection of Britney Spears CDs or the fact that I leave the embarrassing radio stations on in P.I.C.'s car. I get it. I'm not a cool music person. That has long since been established.

So why, you might be wondering, would a girl like me be attending Lollapalooza?

For starters, I do love music. The fact that I don't know half the bands on the line-up is regardless. I enjoy listening to all kinds even if I'm not familiar with the particular band. Additionally, live music is something special. The vibe of the crowd, the presence of the band, all of these factors can add up to a fantastic experience. And, most importantly, the observation of people. Oh, when people come out in masses, the observations are truly great.

With that, my dear readers, I reveal my own brand of coverage of Lollapalooza 2010. I will be watching people, seeing their weirdness, their own little (or big, we can hope) moments, and documenting them with my mind. I hope to share some super-fun stories with you as the weekend progresses.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm back to making my own schedule of unknown (to me) bands. I'm that cool. (Not really. Let's be serious. Flute. Sucky band.)

No comments:

Post a Comment