Monday, August 23, 2010

The real meaning behind the term P.I.C.

Sunday afternoon, I received a phone call from my mom's youngest sister. We'll call her Auntie Em. Turns out that she and her BFF (that means best friend foreva), April (ha!) were reading my blog (thanks, gals!) and were wondering what P.I.C. means.

April surmised that P.I.C. meant "person-in-charge." Auntie Em cleared the record with that suggestion. She says, "Well, I know that P.I.C. refers to her boyfriend, and he most certainly is not the 'person-in-charge.'" (She knows me so well.) Turns out, not even my mom knew what P.I.C. meant.

Therefore, the grand explanation will ensue. (You're welcome!) Initially, I first heard the term while watching the classic movie, Role Models. (P.S. "classic" was in my sarcastic font, mmmk?) This conversation took place:

         Ronnie Shields: You're my PIC, Wheeler.
         Wheeler: What's a PIC?
         Ronnie Shields: Partner in crime. You're my PIC. Just don't cock-block me tonight.

It was a funny moment in the movie, I swear.

Well. Back in the day, when P.I.C. and I worked together, we shared an assistant. She knew that I generally knew the whereabouts of the boyfriend, so when she was looking for him, she would come to my office and ask, "Where your partner-in-crime at?" Combine that with my little thievery of the P.I.C. term from Role Models (gracias to Ronnie!), and you have a nickname that works for me.

Apparently, no one else fully got it. So. P.I.C. stands for partner-in-crime. And that individual is my boyfriend. For the record, he is definitely not the person-in-charge. I promise.

1 comment: